Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crinkly Goodness and a New Binding



For those of you who stop by, you know I've been posting about my Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along Quilt that I started in the summer:) I know, I know, it's been on my WIP/To do list. Well, I'm happy to say that I'm 95% finished with the quilting....pheww! This is truly only my third quilt that I've made and it's queen size! It takes forever, but I'm happy with the results so far.

I had some trouble in deciding on the binding and asked you for your opinions. I was ready to go with what you said and then I saw this fabric by Jenean Morrison (Picnic Parade). I really wanted a striped binding but just couldn't find one that I really liked. Well, here it is...I think it will be bright and cheerful like this quilt. I can't wait to see it on my daughter's bed next year! She'll eventually be transitioning out of her crib....sigh....:)

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely colour combination! One of my favorites and you've brought it together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've been using my quilt as a supplemental layer (with another light quilt, that's all we need for "winter" in SoCal), and it is so snuggly! Can't wait for your little one to snuggle with her quilt too!

    ReplyDelete