Friday, July 8, 2011

Yeh - A Finish!

I finished up the quilting and binding on my Single Girl Quilt this afternoon. I'm really happy with the results! I even got Miss P in on the action....she was the perfect little model sitting in the afternoon sun! (it's really beautiful today) Who can resist a cute baby on a quilt???

First off, a little about this quilt:
Pattern: Single Girl Pattern by Denyse Schmidt
Fabrics: Combinations of Pinks, Fuschias and Purples (too many to list)
Dimensions: 41x47 Baby Size (my finished size was a little bit smaller as I made a mistake and used 1/2 inch seams when I joined all of my blocks - oops)
Backing: Hoop Dots in eggplant
Binding: 2 1/4 inch; Kona cotton Raisin
Quilting: 3/4 inch lines
Thread: No. 539 Gutermann

I chose not to quilt through the rings because my background fabric was so dark - and the thread would detract from all of the beautiful fabrics:) (I posted about this last time).

Isn't the quilting fun? I really loved Nettie's quilt (AQuiltIsNice.blogspot.com)last year so I decided to add in some horizontal lines on the third ring just to change things up a bit. I'm so glad I did this as I really love the effect:)

I also went with the same color of binding as the background which I don't typically do - but again, I think this helps the rings to pop that much more.

The backing is super simple - just one print - a great eggplant geometric one.


I've got to run right now as I have some children to feed, but I promise on my next post to include some things I learned alon the way in making this quilt. Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous and how cute is your little one sitting pretty on her quilt! I hope to make this quilt sometime, I've had the pattern for a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous single girl! I love this pattern and it goes together so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! Love the colors you've chosen, and I think it looks perfect in the small size you've chose! Makes me want to join the single girl club someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this quilt! The purple is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! What great color you chose!

    ReplyDelete