Friday, August 19, 2011

Congrats to Heather Ross!

I know many of us are fans of Heather Ross' fabrics/designs. On August 1st of this year, she gave birth to her first baby, a little girl that they named Beatrix. Congrats Heather!!!

I was lucky enough to meet Heather Ross and Denyse Schmidt two years ago at one of her weekend sewing retreats in Vermont. It was really great and I'm so glad I went! I ventured there on my own, first time having left my daughter (she was 17 months at the time)...while it was hard to be away from her, I really needed some Mommy time and that weekend did just the trick!!

I bought some of Heather's fabric/surprise boxes a few years ago from her studio sale; amongst some fabric and notions, she sent a little girl's baby shirt that was size 6-12 months. At the time I thought I would never be able to use it....well, two years later, here is my little girl in Heather's shirt. Isn't life funny?

1 comment: