Monday, September 19, 2011

I've opened an Etsy Shop!

Well I took the plunge and have opened up a little shop on Etsy specializing in newborn photo props (hats and cocoons)! I'm really very excited about it. This is the reason the blog has taken the back burner recently and the sewing machine hasn't seen a lot of action:) All of my spare time has been spent in designing, knitting, picking out wool (hand dyed handspun merino wool), photographing my wee one/baby hats, working with photographers...making hats for photographers in getting ready for the shop to open! It's really been a lot of fun!
As you know another one of my passions besides quilting/sewing is knitting and photography...specifically babies in hats! I just love knitting little hats but was tired of seeing cheap quality ones out there. I really think the motto "you get what you pay for" is true. If my babies wouldn't wear it, then I wouldn't make it for you! I've tried to make some fun, funky hats that are made with high quality "thick and thin" merino wool (all except one hat that I make that's an exception)....lots of squishiness, great texture in photographs and super soft against baby's skin all make for a great baby hat!
I hope you get a chance to check out my shop...thanks for your support:) It's called UrbanBabyPhotoKnits.
Here are a few pics of some items I have listed:



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful hats! I wish I had a baby to get one for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well for you! That is an amazing photo of the baby wearing the Bono Beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful! I love the pink one at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete