Thursday, August 8, 2013

Newborn Flapper Hat

Lots of little girls being born lately so I made two of these little flappers this spring and summer.  I've been in my knitting mood lately so haven't really been at the sewing machine.  We've went away on vacation to the East Coast (Peggy's Cove) recently so I brought along some knitting/crochet projects.  I don't know what it is about making baby hats but I'm always drawn to them.  Instant satisfaction in completing a project and instant baby cuteness --- a great combination for sure!!

I love using cotton for those spring and summer wee ones.  Nice and soft against the skin.  If you're interested in making your own there are tons of crochet patterns on Ravelry and Etsy.  I've simply adapted my own and made this "flapper" style which I think adds feminine, vintage touch!  Love it!  I don't typically use variegated yarn but these colours were so soft, I couldn't resist!
I believe I picked up this flower at JoAnn's in the U.S. - it couldn't be more perfect....matches perfectly and really adds that finishing touch!
I'm linking up to Clover and Violet's Season by Hand which finishes tomorrow night.  Hurry up and go and post your project!!!
Here are a few pics of this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment